Wednesday, April 22, 2009




So, my dear Scoutster has been gaining weight and her doggie doc stated her concern about this.

Well, she had blood tests (she has seizures and has to have her blood levels checked regularly) and they decided to check her thyroid. Turns out she has a hypothyroid condition-and so do I!!


Now we take our thyroid medication together. Ha! Hopefully this will help with her weight issue. We'll just see how it goes.

She is older and has arthritis so she can't really jump up on things like she used to-the weight doesn't help matters either.....heehee.

Now she has her own doggie steps. They work great. She wasn't sure about them at first, but quickly learned to walk right on up and make herself comfortable in her favorite places; the bed, and the sofa. I recommend these if your pet has similiar issues.

1 comment:

Bonny (Bonny Jewelry) said...

thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog! My dog also had seizures and low thyroid - I requested the thyroid check after reading online how there is (unknown reason) often a connection between the two.

Best of luck to you and Scoutster - she looks like a VERY content young lady!