Thursday, February 5, 2009


EMBRACE OUR 'BAD HAIR DAYS'
So, I've decided that bad hair days aren't all that bad....as a matter of fact, I think we should just relish these days. As a breast cancer survivor, I have been through the many stages of hair and hairlessness.
First I got a 'buzz cut' since I knew my hair was going to fall out. That was an interesting look and everyone wanted to rub my prickly head. Fun!!
After chemo started I lost all my hair....and I do mean ALL my hair. Being bald wasn't really so bad, except my head got cold. The bald head didn't LOOK so bad either...and I got to wear lots of cool scarfs and hats.
When my hair began to come back in, it came back wavy-I've always had extremely straight hair. This was REALLY fun. It lost the waves as it got longer, but I enjoyed it while it lasted.
So, now, I have a short hair style-easy to manage. And there are the days when I wake up and my hair looks really odd, sticking up in all the wrong places. I often chuckle at the sight, and try to 'settle' it down to some type of order. It has a mind of it's own and I'm glad it does!!! I'm glad that it is there to keep my little head warm and to entertain me from time to time.
Bad hair days aren't so bad, after all......♥♥♥

1 comment:

Annie Howes said...

Great story! I have super wavy hair. I wonder if it all fell out would it grow back in straight? Hmmm...

Your poor cold little peahead. I can't imagine.

Annie
http://anniehoweskeepsakes.blogspot.com