Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wonderful Women


















I am consistently touched by the gentle, courageous, open and strong spirit of the women I meet.

Yesterday, I ran into a wonderful woman in the grocery store.  Well, I almost literally ran into her with my cart----I'm not the best grocery cart driver.....but that's a whole 'nother story....

We started a conversation in the dairy aisle about Almond Milk (which is GREAT by the way).  Very quickly we discovered we are both breast cancer survivors.....and instantly we are connected by this bond of understanding.

So there in front of the dairy case we share some of our 'cancer journey' with each other....our boobs, chemo, our hair (or when we didn't have any!!).....all inhibitions gone.  No self consciousness about our discussion.  We laugh and share info like old friends.

I left the store feeling like I'd made a new friend even though the chances are I won't see or talk to this gentle woman again. She's now part of my story and I feel like a part of hers......and I wish her all the best and thank her for bringing a smile to my day and to my heart.

Enjoy the day♥

No comments: